Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dueling over a Grand!

This regatta, hosted by my own club VCRC, is an exciting event where contestants race against one other person (dueling) in hope to keep advancing to the next round.

The winner get $1000 - a big number in rowing winnings standards.

My first race was this afternoon - against none other than my friend and teammate Dylan Cunningham. We have practiced together for 6months and know each other well. The first 250m was an even dead-heat... but after a strong "power 10" I pulled ahead - and kept it that way till the finish. In Dylan's defense, he has been training with a road-cycling team for the past 4 months riding 2-3hrs/ day... I'm sure it effects a persons all-out brute arm power for strong finishes.

The next race is tomorrow...against someone who trains with the National Heavyweights. He better watch out - I feel full strength coming on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment