Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Support

The most important detail in allowing this adventure to move forward is the support I receive from the people all around me.

First, it is the guys I row with, and their endless patients with my back-to-basics questions that must seem completely elementary to them. Terry, Travis and especially Eric, have helped me out immensely. The PanAm Games lightweight coach, Chuck, has put in many solid hours helping us move forward (literally), sorting out our differences, and then spent more time at home editing, analyzing, and distributing video from the long days. His descriptions of how to get a certain technique or point across is sensational! Paul is the main Pan Am coach, and also one of the Development go-to guys at Rowing Canada Avirons, always solid comedy but focus at times of need.

I have really appreciated the long chats to my parents, Don and Reg, who have helped to ground me and take a step back from all the focused hard work. Same to my bro, Karl, who recently moved to Victoria, and is always open to meeting up and helping me get my mind off training, not to mention a good laugh. My two dear sisters, Christy and Lisa, are always there when I need a good chat (or listen) and both have exciting things going on in their lives.

The most important person, of all the previously mentioned, is my dearest lady-friend; Amber. Not only is she my personal chef, house-organizer, and laundry service, she keeps healthy food in the fridge and cookies in the jar. On most days, there is fresh baked muffins/scones/cookies when I walk in the the door from morning practice. And I love it! Did I mention she also works full-time as an Optometrist! She is my future wife and my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment