Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Force Curve

Recently, I have been working with my coach on breaking-down my stroke into directly measurable units of force/power. With the help of an Ipod touch App; AccelPlot, we are able to measure in the boat where along the stroke am I decreasing force (which is effectively boat speed)
With the essential help of Sam Sanford-Blades @ PISE, the cool and keen tech guy, we have now finally put together a plot of a force curve avg (40 hard strokes).


www.drvinge.com/files.html


If you notice the drop in the the curve at 30% stroke, that is my main problem. For some reason I decrease force at the the just after the catch at the beginning, then I build up again. It needs to be a continuous steady arc.

See below for a photo of my force plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment