Saturday, May 19, 2012

National Team Selections: World Cup II (Olympic Qualifier)


So, the official teams were selected for the World Cup (of rowing) II - the last Olympic qualifier in Lucerne, Switzerland on May 25-27. An amazing group of athletes have been put together to represent Canada in the last international race before the big games. Most of the boats have been already qualified for the London 2012 Olympics and I'm damn excited to see both events.  As you can tell, however, from the selection document, the Lwt 4- was not listed. This was the boat I was aiming a spot for - even if it was a long shot.

Now that there is no longer a chance to qualify for this upcoming Olympics I have gone through a bit of a shift in my mental focus. Actually, it has been more of a exploratory mission of what is possible.  Over the past few weeks I have gone through a range of moods from a bit confused, mad, and frustrated to more of an enjoyable feeling of confidence. I think if it now that it is more of a character building experience that I never knew I could get so close to my top goals.  The next adventures I go through I will take away this as a lesson learned, not without struggle, and build upon it. Also, I have made some good friends and connections.

I have now re-focused with the rest of the lwt group to the 2012 World Championships - Plovdiv, Bulgaria on August, 15-19.  We will have some selections for the team in the middle to end of June and then solid training up until the Aug. 6th departure.  I hope I have the "stuff" to make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment