Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Who knew I put in on backwards?  The swirling wind,  relative humidity, and the third race in 24hrs all were contributing factors in the unplanned event of wearing my old club team's colours the wrong way. 
This past weekend the lwt 4- lwt 8+ group headed over to Burnaby, BC for a RCA sponsored Development Regatta.  It was part of the March Radar submission and also a selection for various teams including (but not limited to) U23 Worlds, Hwt European trip, and  World Juniors.  
The time-trial on Friday night was to set up position in the semifinals on Saturday morning. This meant that the Lwt's had a weigh-in on Friday evening AND Saturday morning. This is always a much debated and point of discussion among the best techniques to drop weight. 


Fast forward to the Finals on Saturday afternoon, and everything runs smoothly except the wind direction and my ability to put on clothes the right way.  In the Finals, Jamie Abbass, my rival and most intense competition pulls out ahead - actually 5 full seconds ahead. I ended up 2nd overall and 1st lwt!  I enjoyed myself immensely until I found out I had put my singlet on backwards and walked around the tarmac all proud with a puffed out chest... until Jamie pointed out the wardrobe malfunction.   I did not wear the singlet in the race due to the fact it was a borrowed shirt that had been stretched to the max  by none other than fellow VCRC Richard H. I just wanted something to represent that I originally trained with VCRC before I joined the VTC.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment