Friday, December 10, 2010

RADAR Afterthoughts

Wow! I have to say, what a learning experience! I fully enjoyed every moment of this exhausting and challenging "test". I had some real good times sharing the motivation, successes and defeats of working to get a personal best.

This standardized testing really is a refreshing breath of air. A clear scientific method of using a very simple tool (the erg) to test a broad range of physiological markers. For example, with the Peak power 10 stroke test - straight Glycogen energy source and power output. Next, the 1 min test is the conversion of anaerobic to aerobic energy source within a test, and next the standard international 2km and 6km test. And to top it all off with a 60min mental-toughness aerobic threshold test.

What I take away from my performance: Simply and straight forward, I can do better in almost every test. Peak power: weight training with a strength coach. 1 min test: push lactate threshold with hill workouts 50sec pushes. 2km: tactics. 6km: tactics and technique. 60min: Back strong and no SI sprain.


No comments:

Post a Comment