Sunday, October 24, 2010

Erg Results

Rowing Canada sent out the results for the first installment of the 2010/2011 Athlete monitoring program. I was in the men's lightweight category.... and 6th in Canada! Now this was for the amateurs who strive to possibly row with the national team - no current national team members and others may be missing from the test.

The top rower was 20:18 for the 6km test, my time was 20:32. 14 seconds off.

It is so nice to have some feedback and a showing that my training has been productive and good!

I should mention a note about my coach, Doug White, at VCRC. It turns out he has been a rowing coach for 30-40 years, and all over the world with Australia, NZ etc. He has worked with national teams also. His training and development program I have come to find out have pushed guys forward to be best in country/world. He has brought my friend Jerry from basically a non-rower in to be, in 1-2 years, currently the top amateur rower in Canada who is going to row with the national team next month. I feel like I'm in the right place.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Derek... That is a great time!.. Wow you are close :)

    ReplyDelete