Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pair Partner

Next week I leave for the National Rowing Championships in Welland, Ontario. They take place Nov. 11-13th. I'm racing in a pair (two people, two oars) with my pal Eric, aka Wolfy, or my favorite is The Wolf Pack (thanks Terry). We trained together for the PanAm Games in a pair while our 4-'s partners were busy in the double sculling. We should be able to bring it together for a very fast weekend of racing. He recently crushed a 6km erg test (at 19:57) dropping something like 15 seconds off his last personal best. For me, I had an ok 6k erg test as it was 9seconds faster than Augusts RADAR time but I still have to be 20+ seconds faster. I need to not limp through these Erg tests and understand that it is going to painful. I need to follow in Eric's example and maybe together we can represent (Ontario and BC in one boat...) See a picture of Eric below as he is often seen; endlessly doing cardio...

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment