Thursday, July 19, 2012

I have answers

Mt. Wells Regional Park - A hike (to freedom)

The decision is official; not possible. There will be no Quad (4x) or even a singe (1x) going to the 2012 World Rowing Championships for Canada.  Those were both the boats I was hoping for. It has come of a bit of a surprize after all the positive comments over the past 3-4 month from my coach(es). Deep down I had some anxiety over this for the past few  days weeks months, and now it came down to the worst case scenerio.  But, after all this, I come away with still a positive outlook on things into the future. 

I had a great run this morning around the lake.  I spent the time thinking back of all the lucky things that I got to experience this year. In addition to all the great friends, connections, and top of the line free coaching, I received some support from RCA with using their boats and occasionally getting some breakfast.  I got to go through some physiological lactate testing to moniter how "fit" I was and also get a report describing what I should focus on to get better.  And the list goes on and on. 

For now I'm excited to use this fitness I have "gained" over the past while and get outside.  I'm going to keep hitting the gym and put in some solid cardio in for the great summer months ahead.   I'm excited for the Canadian National Rowing Championships (NRC's) this November at Elk Lake.

I hope to see you around!  I will be at LifeMark Monday through Friday, either at Victoria West or at the Pacific Institute for Sports Excellence location.  Stop in and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment