Monday, October 24, 2011

National Rowing Championships




Nov. 11-13 is the National Rowing Championships in Welland, Ontario. On an abandoned channel of the infamous century-old Welland canal. This is a very important regatta in selection to further teams/carding/personal growth. I have rowed here before and I'm exited for this familiarity.

For me, it is a bit of redemption from the finals at the PanAms. I want to show RCA that I have the abilities to finish in a top position. There is some work to do in addition to a 2km and 6km Erg test to be completed in the next two weeks.

My training has shifted slightly. Now we do a long morning double-workout and a shorter session of lifting weights or row in the afternoon. I hope my body holds up to the next line of training. I'm excited for the next few steps of this plan.


A write up in the local newspaper recently showed up on my door. I liked the article and it makes me feel a bit proud but also shy about this recent attention. The funny part is that it hints toward me being somewhat "old" at 28. First, I don't feel that way, and second I'm 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment