Thursday, November 18, 2010

Calm Before the Storm

I have been active working toward my goals within rowing world. Early row on the water, work for the day, and row/erg/weights after work, go to sleep early. I have felt that motivation has been high, with the occasional bump in the road, even with Erg and weight-lifting session that I previously ignored.
I have come to a new realization/reality, and that is I need a more knowledgeable and motivating leader in my life that can direct me in the gym; focussed weight sessions with goals and plans. I have done significant studies and research on my own, I'm currently in the processes of becoming a certified Strength and Conditioning coach (CSCS), but having the expertise of another individual may be priceless. Next week I will look into this.


2 big things On Deck.

1. RADAR week: An entire week dedicated to testing for Rowing Canada athlete monitoring program: Includes, 2km on-water time trial, 60min Erg test, 1min Peak power test, 6000m erg test, 2000m erg test, 3 stroke-peak power test, and 10 stroke-peak power test. Pffeuf. It will be an exciting week. It is good for motivation, and also a systematic approach to see where I compare and also what I need to work on (strength or endurance, most likely the former) New data explanations have been amazing coming out of Rowing Canada Avirons athlete monitoring program. On a side note, I met Mr. Chuck McDairmid today, and it was a really good experience and he seems very knowledgeable and a good connection to the development teams.

2. Working at Pacific Institute for Sports Excellence (PISE), as a Chiropractor at Lifemark Sports medicine, I get not only to see very interesting sports injuries and treat National team athletes, but I get a lifetime free membership at the GYM! A world class gym build just in 2008! Bammo.

No comments:

Post a Comment