Monday, January 2, 2012

Outdoor Pursuits

Happy New Year! I have a very strong feeling that 2012 is going to be a great year. I know I say that every year but I like to look optimistically at each new beginning and build on what gains I had from last year. This holiday season's plan was to keep fitness levels at the same level, but get away from rowing/erging everyday (twice a day) for a mental break. I tried to do 1-2hrs of activity each day but I found some days it hard to get to with holiday feasting/celebrating along with cold weather.

I spent 11 days in the winter wonderland of Fernie, BC where I grew up and my parents still live. Though this year was low on snow we still got out and explored the many outdoor activities in the area. One great thing for going back to Fernie is that my parents have a full set of everything to utilize the outdoors its fullest potiental. From xc skis, snowshoes and skates, skidoos, to downhill skis, sauna/hottub, and ice fishing gear.

 

 

 

 



Other good info I follow monthly is the Fernie Fix Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment