Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day


Snow day in Victoria! Rowing training is cancelled. The Pacific Insitute of Sports Excellence (PISE) is not open and my office is now closed. I took a wonderful walk (yeah, walk, I never walk anywhere) for over an hour to walk Amber to work and pick up some groceries for a day of hanging out at home. The picture above is out from the boathouse onto Elk Lake in the early AM the day before. Below is from my deck in the afternoon today.

The snow is peaceful because it has a kind of calming quietness to it. It may be that nobody is venturing out with their cars and the road near my house is quiet with only foot traffic.  But, still, the crisp whiteness and soft sound creates a feeling of warmth.  I grew up in the mountains and this always one of the times that I feel a strong nostalgic pull back. I'm hoping to go sledding this afternoon - just need to find a slippery object to slide on and a decent hill. I was thinking about a cafeteria tray and Cedar Hill golf-course. Too bad there isn't a ski-hill nearby or set-tracks to cross country skate-ski.



No comments:

Post a Comment