Saturday, December 22, 2012

Alpine and Nordic

This weekend, after the end of the world a full week of work, I will be spending few days in the sub-alpine at Mount Washington Alpine Resort.  Time for some altitude training and to tune up my skills before I head with my wonderful wife to the alpine and nordic skiing wonderland of the Interior BC.  I'm only joking about the altitude training, 12+days are needed at 1500m+ to have significant physiological effect.

 I have been getting very excited for xc skiing by following Devon Kershaw the past few years as he has climbed through the ranks. Please watch the video below... just an amazing sprint finish.





I have pieced together a set of skate skis, boots, and poles just last year but was unable to get out on them due to my commitment to another endurance sport we will not speak about. To tell you the truth, I'm more excited to get on the groomed xc track than the slopes this winter. I don't know why I would rather propel myself on the flats vs. dropping chutes and open glades with my snowboard. Maybe I'm trying to get back to my Norwegian roots and get back to traditional forms.  Maybe I'm getting old and not such an adrenaline junkie anymore. Or maybe my tastes have changed.  More on this soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment