Thursday, December 13, 2012

New direction(s)

As you have all have known for a while there is a new direction in my athletic focus.  It has come along way for me to admit that I will have moved on, for now, in a different direction.   I have now been training with a motion towards run, cycling, swimming in that order. Ideally, I want to focus on all three sports evenly, if I were going to pursue that multisport specifically.  I have decided to get out and train for these sports over this winter months with an option in February-March to start and specialize in the distance/sport(s) of choice.  For now, it will be definitely heavy in running with getting back to speedwork and high(er) mileage. I will be running in the Island Race Series from Jan-May. Also, with pool time to work on technique and the benefits of low-impact activity for recovery.  Bring on some hard work!  I'm ready to test myself again and get back into being competitive.


Today was the official release of the November RADAR from Rowing Canada.  It was exciting to watch and track the progression of certain individuals through the growth and development as athletes. I also can't avoid the comparison of where I would be at "hypothetically" this time round.  It is a selfish and dangerous act and I'm happy where I'm at and the choices I have made to phase out this session of "The Pursuit of Rowing".

 End of and Era: The narrow focus is now over

The rowing pursuits blog has been transitioned into a more all-encompassing Outdoor Pursuits subtitle. I enjoy posting my journeys in the all outdoor activities and I want to experience more.  
One difficult point I have been stuck on for a long time: It is hard to be at the top performance level in one sport if you want to do everything just a little bit. Or is it possible? 


No comments:

Post a Comment