Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Wonderland

The only city in Canada today that it did not snow at some time was..... Victoria, BC. This is where I live. It make it a good place for training for road-running.  It has been getting the same precipitation as Whistler or Banff, but it is all  in the wet, grey and muddy form.  The past two weeks of training has been saturated and sopping wet to some degree or another. I think it would be fine to layer up a few extra items to hit the snowy outdoors. The best part of snow is that you don't get wet, just brush off the snow! As you can tell I'm itching to get away from the wet coast and find my way to the mountains.I feel that a change in seasons is a good variety in life; I want some snow! I recently had a snowy trip to the Kootenays for a mountain adventure and it was a perfect time to test out my new winter kicks. 

My winter cross-country runners are the new NB 1010's the minimalist version of the grippy trail shoe. In a recent wintery visit to Fernie I got a great run on the fresh trails with lots of traction.



I'm ready to get out in the snow and use something other than a pair of shoes to plod my way around.... Time for cross country skiing. More on this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment